Thursday 7 April 2011


so there I was, standing in a sea of sweaty bodies gazing up at the man that is my God. I couldn't breathe and panicing, I tore my eyes away from him. When I loopked back at him, he was smiling. At me. It was the fifth time that night an it was then I knew, I was done.

Three hours prior, Hachi and I walked into Mac Hall and we saw them. The fans. The hardcore fan. The old school fans. The teeny boppers wearin their partypoison masks and talking about how long they've loved the band (even though they were about six when Three Cheers came out... At least they're trying, I guess.)
I was so happy to be there. Surrounded by people 20 and older who share the same love for My Chem as Hachi and I do. There was no judging, just young adult spending time together.

When the first opening band came on, Hachi, Chantel and some newly made friends stood beside me and we watched with aching hearts as the band butchered our ear with their bad singing, the unskilled guitar player and the horrible Kanas themed songs. I died a bit.

So, when Neon Trees came on stage. It was aomethig new. Something fun. And the lead singing scared Hachi( honestly, she thinks he's going to tear out her heart and eat it). All and all, a decent band to watch. The vocalist kept the energy alive, jumping around like a moron always makes the audiance happy. And being tres good looking really helps. I enjoyed.

Then. It was time for My Chemical Romance. The band that I have loved since the tender age of fourteen before Gerard became recognized for his bullet proff vest and his red eye shadow. Before emo ever became a phase.
And there he was. My hero just standing there in the shirt that looked like it was a last minute purchase from stitches, with is big ellis six on the left breast. It was a ridiculous shirt. So very ricidulous. Honestly.
Enough about the shirt.
...but seriously, it was really bad.

BUT! There he was. Red hair. Dark eyes. Hideous shirt. And he was beautiful. Youthful and full of energy. This was my fiest time ever seeing my hero in person.
I just stood there, unmoving, watching him and thats when I noticed his face, looking out at all the fans, dying for him to just glance in heir general direction ad for a moment, my hero looked over whelmed and maybe even a bit nervous. I just stood there, silentlypleading that he will see me. But I didn't jump. Didn't yell or scream. Then he looked down and right at me. The girl with the steampunk goggles, in the sea of scene kids. He didn't look away, he just kept staring until the rift for Na Na Na started to fill the hall.
He smiled at me then, and he no longer looked nervous. He looked excited, pumped and ready to go.
So he started to sing. He kepted looking down at the girl with the goggles and smiling. I lasted about four songs and then they pulled me out and as they did so, he smiled at me again and in my stupor, I waved as security place my feet back on the floor (unfortunately, two of he security guards didn't realize I was having a panic attack and I was marked or surfing. They were corrected though and sat me with he paramedic for a while before she told me to go have a cigarette and some water.

After twenty minutes or so I was sitting outside with three othergirls, joking about sex, music and Gerard Butler and it settled in. My night was perfect. I saw him. He saw me. Then I swooned. In my head of course.
It made me laugh and the rest if the night was made.

Saw some people I didn't need o see but I didn't care, because they were talking about how they wanted to see Gerard and I got to see him. He saw me too. And I also saw him sneak out behind Mikey. It was a beautiful.

A beautiful night and I thank Hachi for it. I finally got the chance to see my hero. His energy, his excitment. When I see myself singing on stage, it's him that I want to be. He is everything I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment